Oxford Cottage Improvement Company founded
First property purchased in Red Lion Square
Housing of the Working Classes Act 1890 passed.
Rent collection and housing management taken over by a voluntary committee of ladies.
The 1930 Housing Act requires local councils to clear all remaining slum housing, and provide subsidies to re-house inhabitants.
Dr T W Chaundy becomes chairman
Name changed to Oxford Cottage Improvement Society. phelps Place opens.
First Housing Manager appointed. Miss Clifton was soon succeeded by Miss Scrutton.
Society registered under Charities Act 1960
First office in Banbury Road moves to Rosemary Court in September 1965
Rayson House opened
Name changed to Oxford Citizens Housing Association
Rosemary Court opened. Mr J N L Baker becomes chairman
Merger with Oxfordshire Housing Society
Lucas Place and Remy Place opened
David Ashmore becomes chief executive of OCHA
Our first shared ownership properties developed
OCHA forms partnership with Westlea to form GreenSquare Group
Alice and Margaret House opened
Oxbode joins GreenSquare Group
Howard Toplis becomes chief executive. GreenSquare takes on contracts to run a housing support service in Gloucestershire and Gloucestershire Domestic Abuse Support Service (GDASS).
Two extra care schemes open – Fernleigh in Witney and The Paddocks in Milton-under-Wychwood.
GreenSquare celebrates 150th anniversary.